What is CodeIgniter?
This is a toolkit for developers that built websites using PHP. CodeIgnator's objective is to allow developers, build projects faster than they could if they were writing code from zero, offering a comprehensive set of libraries for usual needed tasks, just like intuitive interfaces and logical structure to access these libraries.
How does CodeIgniter help you achieve your goals?
This toolkit allows developers focus on their projects by minimizing the amount of code needed for a specific task. This is a strong PHP framework having a small footprint, built for PHP developers who need a straightforward tool to build complete-featured web apps.
CodeIgniter's History and details:
The CodeIgniter initial version was released in early 2006 and latest stable version was released in mid 2013. This fast development web app framework is an open source, used in building dynamic web sites with PHP.
When compared to other PHP frameworks CodeIgniter is most often noted for its speed, lighter and least like a framework. We can say that CodeIgniter is the right decision if certain things are needed:
- great performance
- a framework having a small footprint.
- a framework requiring almost zero configurations.
- a framework that does not require the use of command line.
- a framework that does not demand you to adhere to restrictive coding rules.
- when you do not need PEAR libraries.
- when you favor simple solution rather than complex ones etc.